* On February 8th, Roy Donders and Patty Brard gave a performance at Utopia (the multi-service centre in Laren, NL created by the candidates of SBS 6's reality show "Utopia") for a Carnival party. Recently, the duo released a single (see news posted on January 11th, 2018). The February 13th episode of Utopia featured the performance of the duo and attracted 530.000 viewers (market share: 9%).
Click here to watch an interview with Roy & Patty.
* On February 9th, Patty Brard appeared on RTL 4's morning program "Koffietijd" (which drew 187.000 viewers (market share: 26,9%). The TV show was hosted by Pernille La Lau and Loretta Schrijver.
Among the subjects, La Brard discussed the dress worn by Princess Amalia (eldest daughter of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima). Amalia wore it during the photo session for the 80th birthday of her grandmother Princess Beatrix (former Queen of the Netherlands). The diva even called Amalia a "fashion icon". Patty told that she ordered the same dress in black and white (sold by the Greek brand "Devotion"). Click here to watch an excerpt.
Dutch Royal Family
The ex-Luv' singer (who promoted her latest duet with Roy Donders) also took part in a Carnival quiz. Click here to watch an excerpt.
Source: RTL 4, RTL Boulevard, SKO
* On February 9th, Patty Brard and Roy Donders gave a flamboyant performance at the Pullman Hotel Eindhoven Cocagne as part of the "3 Uurkes Vurraf" party. Other artists (including De Deurzakkers, Gerard Joling, Vader Abraham, John de Bever, Snollebollekes and Lamme Frans) sang on the same show (organized by the local broadcaster Omroep Brabant).
Source: Omroep Brabant, Patty Brard's Facebook Page
* Patty's latest columns for Weekend magazine:
- February 7th: about the high-rated AVROTROS/NPO 3 series "De Luizenmoeder". It takes place in a primary school and it is a satire on the behaviour of parents, teachers and pupils. Click here to read the column.
- February 14th: about RTL 4's talent show "The Voice of Holland". The elimination of the talented candidate Kimberly Maasdamme caused a sensation. Coach Anouk (known for her straightforwardness) was shocked and called the Dutch "dumb people". Patty thought that Kimberly was "the only who could sign an international deal with an American record label". She was convinced that Kim would have the greatest career despite her defeat. Some news sites and social media explained that a technical problem related to the vote counting might explain this disappointing result. Jim van der Zee eventually won the competition. Click here to read the column.
* Korean born Dutch media personality Mischa Blok currently hosts "Mischa says Hi!", a program on NPO Radio 1 which deals with the funny aspects of Korean culture. This series was filmed on the occasion of the PyeongChang Olympic Winter Games. The February 17th episode featured Mischa showing South Korean people pictures of Dutch celebrities. Mischa asked them who these VIPs might be. When she showed the photo of Patty, a man thought that she was a politician and that she looked "big" 😜😜😜
Click here to watch Mischa Says Hi! #9.
Source: NPO Radio 1